Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Neither Here nor Hair

A few things...
First, late one night...
This is merciful O'lover saying "go to bed. i will finish building the winter home for the hens tonight so tomorrow we can go on a little trip."
Here's the new winter home for the ladies. It's insulated with rigid foam sandwiched between plywood and metal roofing plus it has a hinged roof.
Now we just need to put in the roosting bar and move it to the coop. It has a cute door (not pictured) that will connect it to the chicken tractor.

And then we went on a trip.
There are lots of bones in the Boulder Creek wash. Growing up I used to collect bones from the wilderness and store them in boxes in my closet. I don't know why I did that. I just really liked bones. Ollie's mum told us to keep an eye out for the bones of Everett Ruess.
And on to more hairy matters...
My hair is slowly becoming less like hair and more like rope. I love it. It has a ways to go before it catches up to the fine ropes of my bro-in-law.
Lastly, my youngest bro-in-law bought this 'stache from a gas station near Scipio on I-15.
Question: Could i pass as the sixth Callis brother? (Ollie says no.)